WLA CONNECT LIVE MASTERCLASS | CECILIA LIM PART B
TIME & LOCATION
ABOUT THE EVENT
WLA CONNECT LIVE MASTERCLASS | PART B
Members can view Part A recording in the Library after the 3rd Oct
Free for Connect Members
In this session Heejung Cecilia Lim will take us through practical, simple self-confidence drills with focus on vocals and simple art (lettering and colour). The session will incorporate vocal and physical drills with tips on increasing muscle memory using technical drills and repetition drills. This session will assist female leaders so that they can naturally apply these tools in leadership scenarios. Cecilia will take us through undoing of ‘socialised muscle memory’ by mindfully recognising and undoing unempowering mannerism by paying close attention to high pitch vocal ranges and repetition of negative self-talk.
*Cecilia’s experience from teaching painting classes, yoga and corporate background, how a leader looked and sounded vs. how she looked and sounded due to socialised habits
* Cecilia’s experience from yoga teaching, highlighting the concept of balancing the chakras for a grounded leadership mind frame
* Why we need to do the drills (Takes TIME to build ‘Grounding muscle’, knowing in theory does not help in real life situations, under pressure)
* How music is useful in establishing a balanced, grounded presence
* Examples of drills (application of theory)
* One vocal breathing drill, one art drill to try out in breakout groups to learn via action (kinetic teaching) then encourage participants discuss how it felt
* Encouragement to find participant’s own fun and practical drills that works for each individual
This interactive, informative and educational session will be run by Heejung Cecilia Lim.
Heejung Cecilia is a Chartered Accountant professional with 20 years of multi-disciplinary, cross-jurisdictional work experience. Heejung Cecilia's diverse roles include Board Member at Dawn Foundation, Head of Risk and Compliance, Group and Corporate (Challenger), infrastructure fund manager (Macquarie Bank), taxation advisor (Deloitte), consultant on regulatory remediation and compliance projects (BNP Paribas, ING Australia).
As well as enjoying corporate work, Heejung Cecilia is dedicated to extending knowledge of wholistic well-being. Heejung Cecilia is a LESMILLS group fitness instructor of over a decade and is a practicing yoga teacher and Reiki qualified member. Heejung Cecilia loves painting and occasionally teaches social painting classes in her local community. Heejung Cecilia is a volunteer advisor at Sydney Women’s Fund (Sydney Community Foundation) and supports founders Catherine Fox and Julia Quinn of the Women Kind giving circle.
She is a new volunteer yoga teacher and singer with ‘a sound life’, a charity that brings yoga and music to vulnerable people and communities in hospitals, aged-care, disability and mental health facilities around Australia. Heejung Cecilia is also a member of a senior WLA women leadership network group “163”.
If you cannot attend the online session, it will be recorded and kept in the Library
We use ZOOM software for the online masterclass. Help with downloading ZOOM at this link
- CONNECT MEMBERS$0$00$0
- NON CONNECT MEMBERS PART B$22.95+$2.29 GST$22.95+$2.29 GST0$0
- NON CONNECT MEMBERS PART B + A$45.95+$4.59 GST